Friday, December 2, 2022

...kinda slow going...

 

Saturday night - date night!!!  Jim and I went to the Utah Symphony Messiah concert.  It was amazing as usual.  We attend this performance once every couple of years and I totally enjoy it.  I kinda like the company also...

The performance was at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake.  Such a pretty venue.


This is the blown glass sculpture in the foyer of the hall..  It has always interested me.  I think I'd like to take a class to learn this technique... I work with stained glass, not blown glass, so this would probably be a challenge for me.


Thursday was Thanksgiving...  Brianne called me a couple of days beforehand and asked me to make mashed potatoes and.... tourtiere... I don't make the usual tourtiere in a pie form - we prefer it in phyllo shells - makes it easier to eat - but not to make...  Brianne is the ONLY one I make this dish for, and until this year, I haven't made it in probably 15 years...  But, it was fun, and the family enjoyed it.



I think you can tell that we aren't doing a whole lot with the cabin these days.. Being that there is a ton of snow, and we don't have any heat in the cabin, it makes it a little impossible to go and work...  But, we were out running around in Provo on Saturday, and I found this cabinet and sink combination.  It's not as deep as a usual bathroom counter is, and I think it is going to fit perfectly in the downstairs basement bathroom.  It's already all put together, so Jim won't have to put the cabinet, and then the counter top and then the faucets in.  I told him I thought this is a time and effort saver....


And, our Brea is well into hockey at this time of the year... she absolutely loves hockey.  I believe, but not 100% sure, that she is playing on a co-ed team this year, but continues to have fun.


And, Brea proves, that you can be a girl, and be beautiful and still play hockey!  She's a gem.



Last night, our door camera kept going off.. Jim checked his phone and even though I thought it might be a deer, or a cougar or something live and breathing that would be on our deck... it was the wind and the snow that was triggering it.  I don't know why I was disappointed... sad face.  When we have cougars on the deck, it scares me, and when we don't, I'm sad...  weird.

The pictures at this time of the year look really ominous...





As always, the adventure continues... It might slow down a little at this time of the year, but it definitely continues,

Love, Jim and Cheri


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed hearing about your adventures. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete