This is an exciting development. We purchased the spiral stairway that is going to go from the deck to the jacuzzi area patio area... I am absolutely thrilled. I think originally, Jim was going to just build the steps, but somewhere along the way, one of the two of us decided we wanted spiral steps - so, spiral steps it is. I think it's going to give the front of the cabin an interesting look!
This is NOT our cabin.... just a picture of the steps we bought and how they will look... kinda cool.
We had to purchase another set of scaffoldings.... two layers didn't make it tall enough to reach the peak. I am so glad we had Ben - he likes all that rappelling stuff. Not this cowgirl...
And, as usual... Jim shows up and so does his harem. Today, along with the choir of deer that usually show up, was this mama deer and her twins. Sooooo sweet. Jim gives them a little treat and a pat, and off they go. I'm glad they are keeping him company!
My gourd bird houses are of particular interest to the local wildlife. It looks like the chipmunks are having fun chewing the entry hole larger. Most of the birds can get inside - a few larger ones are having a little bit of a problem... But, it's the stupid chipmunks who are destroying the neighbourhood. I'm going to have to research the situation and figure out what to coat the gourds with to stop the chipmunks. Grrrrr.
And, here's another one of Jim's harem. They are really getting more and more trusting and gentle.
Jim bought some antique door hinges to go on the doors on the main floor. They didn't look so hot when we bought them, but....
... after a little bit of a bath in lacquer thinner....
... they've had a facelift and look amazing! I was actually totally surprised. I guess I need to put a little more faith into my husband's magic powers.
My son sent me this picture from Alaska. He said they were sitting around in the livingroom and their son yelled.. "moose moose". They looked up, and this handsome devil was right by their window. Amazing.
Jim has been using his new router to finished off some wood in the for the kitchen floor. It amazes me all that he can do - I can't even begin to think about this kind of work...
Jim always buys a bag or two of deer feed coated with molasses for his friends. And, he usually put it in a large plastic bucket to keep vermin out. He put the feed in the bucket and sealed it off, and left it on the deck. In the morning, he came out, and some chipmunk/squirrel had chewed the spout off the bucket and was chowing down! I guess they smelled the feed, and made sure they had a treat also.

Every Christmas, I try to get Jim something different and fun, and something he would NEVER buy for himself. This year I bought him a fire starter that looked like a flame thrower/gun. I had it shipped to the house knowing that he was at the cabin and I could put it away for Christmas. Well, he came home early, and it was delivered early, and was sitting on the steps when he got up in the morning. He came in, holding the box with a questioning look on his face. I swear, it happens every year... he finds something that is a Christmas secret. But, he said he thought it would be fun and liked it! Brat!
And, this is the progress on the ceiling. The large beam in the middle is the center part of the cabin ceiling.... so, we are almost half way done. And, it looks amazing.
And, my company sent me get well flowers... a little after the fact, but they are beautiful, none the less... And, I am reco-operating nicely.
And, Ben came by the cabin and was working while we were away. Some of the insulation in the ceiling shifted and had to be repacked... So, that's what he did! Thanks to Ben!
With that, the adventure continues. Take care of yourselves... Love, Jim and Cheri
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein
No comments:
Post a Comment