Saturday, August 4, 2012

NO MORE GRASSHOPPERS!

As you can see from Jim's post, we worked with logs today.... Actually, let me 'splain.... Jim and Cameron worked with logs today...

We knew that we were going to get the logs ready for winter today, and there was no way I was going to grind grasshoppers in my shoes again...  It was super hot, and I didn't want to wear my running shoes, so I decided to wear my trusty pink crocs again, BUT take a pair of socks with me to protect my feet from grasshopper guts...

We had to run over to the post office and Lowe's before we drove north, and guess what... I forgot my socks on the island in the kitchen.... We were about half way there, when I realized the socks were still at the house, and not in the truck...

When I got there, I walked over to the logs just once, and those stupid grasshoppers were like a swarm.. I swear, I've never seen so many freakin' grasshoppers, and crickets in my life... Just couldn't do it..  So, Jim and Cameron moved the logs... I sort of sat in the truck and.... orchestrated the whole event... No... I didn't even orchestrate... I sat and took pictures...

But, there were no smashed grasshoppers today...

Cheri

1 comment: