Monday, March 11, 2013

Cabin Fever, why me? ? ? ?


I think the stretch from New Year's through the end of March is only made worse because there are no holidays during this time.  No three day weekends.  Which only makes the time pass even slower.

While the cabin site most likely looks like the. . . .
We have dreams of this.
I save the occasional photo from the web in an Ideas Folder.  These are from it.  

One of the ideas I am cultivating is collecting vintage switch plates and outlet plug covers from the 30's and 40's.  Remember our goal is a new cabin with all the modern conveniences but built around a vintage cabin decor/concept.  I have collected about 90% of the needed covers.  It's a small part of the design, but I think it's the little things that make the difference between "just OK" and "Wow".

With the 16 inch diameter logs, the 1927 gas fired stove, the vintage looking faucets, Cheri's fabulous stained glass windows, 100 year old doors, a wood burning stove in the great room and the magnificent all wood ceiling, we are going to have a cabin worthy of calling a home.

Until next time, Jim Streeter




1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    If you come to a fixture or something else you can't find, let me know.

    We have several re-purpose warehouses in the Seattle area. Some even have online listings.

    I'll look around for what you're seeking and send pictures. If I find what you're looking for, I'll pick it up and get it to you someohow.

    ReplyDelete