Saturday, March 23, 2013

I WAS FEELING HOPEFUL

Ok, so we go to Home Depot last night, and I picked out the flooring for the outside shower.... Yes, we are building an outside shower - if you have never tried it before, don't knock it!!!  It's amazing - as I mentioned in a previous post, when Jim and I got married, we rented a cabin in Idaho, and it had an outside shower... very, very private...  we tried it, and loved it!  Soooooo peaceful, birds flying around, mountains in the background, sunshine on your back... absolutely amazing....You would be amazed how calming it actually is...

Anyways, I was thinking about this shower and I had originally said that I wanted a ceramic floor - but, upon thinking it through, the ceramic will be too slick when it gets wet and I am not sure how well it will stand up to the winter cold... So, I thought about paving blocks... We went to Home Depot last night, and I found some pavers that are amazingly beautiful....the pattern is called Marseilles stone...  I think it's so pretty...  and it will give enough grip so nobody will fall!

I'm still trying to feel positive - even though it's snowing like crazy outside.  I told Jim this morning, while looking out the window - it's going to be a really pretty Christmas..

Cheri

1 comment:

  1. I have a portable outside shower. 4'x4' base with a stand on one corner to hang the wand on.

    I run two 50' hoses to warm in the sunshine and take a warm shower at the end of the day out on my open deck. Nice private 5 acres, so I can enjoy the shower.

    Cheri, You are right. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete