Sunday, March 4, 2018

KINDNESS IS POWERFUL

No automatic alt text available.


I am writing this blog to be a permanent part of our cabin building experience... I want how I feel/felt to be remembered.   When the cabin is completed, we are going to take the entries from the blog, and make them into a book, and I want this experience to be included, because of the impact that it has made.

Someone made a comment on Facebook about us bragging and being boastful about building the cabin.

No one but Jim knows the hurt that I have felt this past week...Few people know the tears that I have cried since being verbally attacked about this blog... I didn't realize how hurt I was until yesterday afternoon, when Jim and I were in Habitat for Humanity...  One of the ladies there had seem my Facebook post, and we were talking about it, and I fell apart and just started to cry.. in public - not something I regularly do.  My hurt is deep.  And, thank goodness I have my Jim to steer me through these uncharted waters to a little recovery.

Since then, on my Facebook post, the comments that I've received from so many people have been so inspiring and uplifting, and lovely.  I so appreciate the time and care that so many have expressed on my behalf...

I have decided that people can be hurtful and so mean.... I don't know what the motivation for this one was, and I don't particularly care, but, the words were just that - hurtful and mean.

I was so impressed by the words of a friend of mine, and I don't think he would mind me sharing them on this blog...

For the many, many, many....... many years that I've known you, you have never ever come off "Braggy" or flaunted what you had or pretended to be something that you are not. You are the, "what you see is what you get" type of person and that is why you are loved by many. You are accepting of all, matter what!!! What the people said makes me laugh. Do they even know you? And if they do, what is their hang up? I also wonder, if they thought those things, why did they feel like they could or should tell you???? KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES!!! Your fun experiences that you guys are having with this cabin is awesome. So many fun, fun memories now I'm print. It's a task of a lifetime. You're crazy, your life is crazy......... Your experiences are even crazier, So just keep up the crazy!!!!

Jim and I are having a blast building this cabin.  It is not easy.  Sometimes, it's downright frustrating and we have felt like giving up a million times.... this is hard work - really hard work.  We have taken our time, and sacrificed and saved.  We have spent countless weekends driving down to work for a couple of days, and then drive home, so exhausted I was afraid Jim was going to fall asleep at the wheel...Jim has worked so hard, his hands have been cut and bleeding.  We have both had little accidents like tipping over the refrigerator and the garage door hitting Cheri on the head and thank goodness for recoveries, that we don't usually talk about... This is our crazy dream... We are amateurs at this.

We know we are crazy and we make mistakes; I'm crazy, my life has always been crazy, Jim's crazy, our dreams are crazy, our experiences are crazy, and we're gonna continue documenting our crazy.

Kindness IS powerful... practice kindness instead of hurt.

And, by the way, we signed up for fencing lessons this past week... why?  Because, we're crazy.

The adventure continues.

Jim and Cheri



1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy for you both! You are experiencing wonderful memories together. It's been fun to see your hard work. You're both amazing pepole and you deserve the best!! Keep smiling and enjoy your journey together ��

    ReplyDelete