Wednesday, June 24, 2020

..it was a slow week, BUT.....

It  was a really slow week, but that doesn't stop us from doing stuff!!

First of all, I have to admit that I bought another bathroom sink... it's going to be difficult to choose what sink I want to install in which bathroom, but this one was REALLY pretty, so I just had to buy it...  I told Jim that I think this one is going to go into the bathroom downstairs... It's a little smaller than the ones going upstairs - I think the texturing in the glass is amazing....



Jim called me at work a couple of days ago and told me he had a surprise for me...  I got home, and he had bought me a mantle clock.. I think it's going to look absolutely amazing on the mantle in the great room.... It's kind of old timey, and interesting all in one.



Jim and Lowell took another load of block down to the cabin... These are the top layer blocks and apparently weight considerably less than the blocks that go down below... Jim is talking about hiring and 18 wheeler to take a plethora of block down, instead of just a few at a time.  I think it's a great idea!



On Sunday, we met with the HVAC guy who is going to map out what kind of furnace we need and where the lines are going to go in the cabin.  This will be the last part of the four way.  We were really impressed with this guy - seems to know his stuff, and is willing to work with us to get the furnace installed.  Being that we are 3.5 hours away, it has been difficult to find contractors and sub contractors to work.  Jim has another meeting with him at 5 today...

The work goes forward... Nobody want to the cabin this week, so we were left to do work behind the scenes... so, it's a slow news week!

The adventure continues.. slowly.... Love, Jim and Cheri





No comments:

Post a Comment