Sunday, January 15, 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 And, another year of building begins!  I really thought this past year was going to be the last building year, but I am looking forward to amazing things happening this year!


Well, Bryce Woodlands has been landblasted with snow the last couple of weeks.  This picture was taken from our door camera a week or so... And, the pile of snow is just getting taller and taller.  We had a picture of "something" falling off the roof in sheets and I was worried that it was the roofing materials.. BUT, it was sheets of snow... lots of it, falling off.. I don't think we are going to be getting u to the cabin any time soon,

After receiving an amazing piece of rock for my outside shower, I felt I needed to start to look for other pieces to complete the project before spring came and I really needed them.  So, I went on the hunt, and found a gentleman in Salt Lake that had pallets of flagstone - exactly what I wanted.  So, we bought a couple of pallets to be picked up in a couple of months when we can get into the property.  If we picked them up now, they would be sitting on our lawn for a couple of months.  No Bueno.




Here's my Christmas rock again... I think it will fit in perfectly with the other rocks!


The gentleman that we found all these flagstones from was really quite interesting.  His name is John and he has been in several types of businesses over the years.  As we were walking around his lot, he noticed that I was wearing my Canadian crocs... actually, they're just white crocs with red maple leafs on the toes and he asked me if I was Canadian.  He said his wife was from Canada, from a place called St. Catherine's.  This is about an hour from where I grew up.  Her family left Canada when she was just 5 so we wouldn't know any people in common, but it was a fun conversation.  

And, I found a guy in Lehi, Utah (Jim) who was actually a rock hound - he collected more smaller pieces of rock than flagstone.  And, I want the smaller rocks to fill in the spaces between the bigger rocks.  He really had some beautiful rocks.  It was pouring rain the day we went to see his assortment.  Before we went to Lehi, he said that it was really muddy, so we needed to wear boots...  I didn't have any boots and Jim's skidoo boots are at the cabin, so we made a quick trip to Deseret Industries (D.I.)  I immediately found Jim a pair of boots and then found a pair for myself...  Did we ever look like rednecks...  it was almost embarrassing... But, when we got to Jim's place, was there ever mud and water to the point my boots were sticking in the mud.  We couldn't pick up the rocks because the gentleman is going to cut the rocks thinner so they will be easier to place on the wall... and, that will take some time.  With his place flooding, we are having to wait to pick them up.

And, I found this gem a couple of months ago.  This little hedgehog is molded with cement and tons of pebbles in him.. But, I want to put him at the bottom of the outside shower.  I think he will be a cute addition...


I was totally amused by this picture... This is my cousin's great granddaughter from Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada.  I believe she is 2 years old - starting on skates!!! I sent this picture to Brianne and Brad and asked them if this looked familiar... and, of course, they remember this same situation with Mahayla, Brea, Coy and Ben!!  It's in our blood!


Here's our Mahayla (wearing Jim's hockey jersey from way back when....) getting a little help...She is almost 12 years old now... So cute!  It must be a law or something... Daddies have to help their little girls.... I remember, Mahayla had a Barbie helmet! And, little pink skates!


...must be a law...





My son Brad sent me this picture and I think it's amazing.  This is his backyard with his winter visitors!  He knows how much I love moose... I think this would be amazing to look out the back window and just stare. We don't have mooses at our cabin - at least I haven't seen any...... seems like we have everything else, but no moose...


Wasilla, Alaska


...gettin' kinda close to the neighbours here...


And, this is our beautiful Bryce Woodlands... slammed with snow... Have I mentioned how much I hate the snow?... 


And, here's our Ice Mice from Wasilla, AK.  Our Ben is on the front row left, blue jersey, looking to the back....  They're all so freakin' cute.



We're at the hibernation stage of cabin building right now....  Every once in a while we find something interesting, but, for the most part, we're playing like bears, or skunks... I just learned that chipmunks hibernate... thank goodness... I just hope they are not hibernating in my cabin loveseat...  

Until something exciting happens - and, we have an amazing adventure to report.....

Love, Jim and Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment