Monday, March 13, 2023

Be Open To Whatever Comes Next!

To start.... Jim and I were at Pioneer Book in downtown Provo this past weekend... I was actually looking for a book on Coco Chanel.. they didn't have it, BUT, Jim found a fascinating book called... Cabin Lessons... It's a story about this retired couple who bought a piece of property by Lake Superior, and decide to build a cabin.... sound familiar?  It's actually really interesting and well written.  There are little quotes all the way through the book that have made us stop and really giggle... We've decided to use some of these quotes in our blog... so, if you see something along those lines, you'll know I'm not quite as witty as I think... I've stolen them... rather, borrowed them... that sounds better.  But we will not plagiarizer, quotations will be identified!

And, the stupid snow is finally starting to melt... I do not believe that the snow storms are ending - we've had our hopes dashed so many times this year, it's crazy, so I'm not going to make that prediction... But, we are starting to see our jacuzzi again, so that's a plus...



As many of you know, our family went to Disneyland in December.  While there, I tried to have all kinds of activities for the family to keep it interesting... One of them was playing FISH with actual gift cards.  Jim used one of his gift cards this weekend, at Home Depot!!!  I highly recommend this game for families - it was a blast!  (Yes, it's kind of expensive, but so worth it.)


In case you are wondering, Jim's shirt says, "I complain, therefore I am".

And, we went to the Rock Show in Spanish Fork on Saturday, and again on Sunday... I'm still collecting rocks for my outside shower grotto and we picked up some really pretty rocks...It was fun explaining to people why we wanted specific rocks, and when they heard, "outside shower" some got a little panicky...  They just need to loosen up a little bit.... 

Here's my collection of newly purchased rocks.... I don't have a clue what names are... for most of them... I did at the show, but, I've slept since then...

One of the rocks I bought because I thought Coy would get a kick out of it... It was advertised as "dinosaur poop"... When I asked the vendor how he knew it was dinosaur poop, he said..."lick it"...  Um.... not happening in my world, but I knew the story would amuse Coy... (I called Coy last night and told him about the rock, asked him if he wanted to lick it to verify it authenticity... he started saying NO before I finished my sentence...  )  Giggle.


This is Zebra stone.  Once it gets sealed it will be very black and white.



Here's a better picture of the Zebra stone.





I know this one is petrified wood!!!



I don't know what this one is, but I loved how it was so unique and different.  Little globules!



So, if you can identify any of these rocks, or want to lick all the stones to figure out which one is dinosaur poop, let me know!  Giggle.  The seller said this one is dinosaur bone... So, we've got dinosaur bones and dinosaur poop!!!



Jim came with me to the show, and just about got eaten by a T-Rex...  Giggle.


I saw this picture online, and absolutely love the look.  We have kind of the same idea we are going to put into the loft bathroom - at least the hardware is the same, but I'm loving the old doors/windows. In the loft, I have raw edged sheets of wood that we are going to hang like these windows.... Really heavy, but so pretty...  But, these windows... I am not sure where I would put them, but I love it.  So elegant.  First of all, I've got to find the windows before I go any further.  (I can just hear Jim groaning about this one....)


And, we're still waiting for the snow to stop....I have family coming to visit at the end of April/beginning of May and I was all excited to show them the cabin... ya - that's not going to happen... sad face... Do you think I can convince Aidan to put off his wedding until maybe July or so?

As always, the adventure continues.... Love, Jim and Cheri


"If all the difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all."  Cabin Lessons


No comments:

Post a Comment