Well... Canada Day has come again and I'm still feeling proud to be Canadian! But, I must say, it's pretty incredible to live in the USA! It's given Jim and I so many opportunities over the past 40 years. My roots and my heart are still with Canada, but a big part of me is grateful for life in the US.
And again, this year, my grandchildren celebrated Canada Day with us.... I know they don't like this tradition, but they humour me ever year. Here's the oldest!
I saw this light fixture in the store and I thought it was amazing... When it's all lit up, it looks great - but sitting on the front lawn it looks like a fish tank! The lights are in the cross bar at the top and it really looks spectacular when lit. I'm going to have to have Jim install it, and then take a picture. This piece is going in the loft bathroom... There is already a light fixture there with the same wrought iron look and the same glass, so I think it's going to look cool... not like a fishtank.. Giggle.

When I was in California last, I found this clock in a little vintage store and I thought it looked interesting and amazing. It actually is a cuckoo clock, and the ticking sound is very, very quiet. We have a cuckoo clock in our house in Provo and I don't usually have it run because of the noise. But, this one is very gentle. It was super dirty when I bought it, but, Jim worked a small miracle with a can of compressed air.. and, a few minor repairs. Jim put it on the wall going up the stairs to the loft.
Every time Jim goes to the cabin, I always pack a few treats and meals for him. I'm not especially thrilled with the grocery stores nearby, and I think Jim likes something that is quick to heat up and eat, so I've been sending food with him for years. Anyways, this time, I went to Great Harvest bread in Provo. I really like their products - very natural and hearty and very, very flavourful. He had the box of treats on the deck while he was bringing in stuff from the vehicle, and apparently, a squirrel or chipmunk likes Great Harvest bread also!
So, we're moving along nicely... Still a lot to be done, but tons already done. I am excited and hopeful. We've been having some major complications at the house in Provo - to the point, I asked Jim to come home - I couldn't handle things on my own. We came back home, and we've been dealing together. The adventure continues...
Love, Jim and Cheri
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart" Helen Keller



















No comments:
Post a Comment