Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Honey, we need a truck. . . .

Ok, my wonderful wife agrees that we really needed a truck to pull the backhoe around with, but I'm not sure she knew what she was in for.

I was looking for a one ton pick-up truck that could pull a 14,000 lbs. trailer load.  The trucks I found in my price range were rather worn out and still relatively expensive so I expanded my search.

I found a 1995 Ford F450 (2 1/2 ton) cab and chassis that came from Arizona (no rust in the bodywork) with power windows, door locks, cruise control, air conditioning, etc with 123,000 miles on it.  Well we bought it!  But it has a 10 foot frame behind the cab so some creativity was required.

I bought a diamond plate tool box and a dualie pick-up bed for the back.

After sandblasting a very rusty looking frame, I applied primer and black chassis paint.

RUSTY WITH THE TOOL BOX MOUNTED
 SANDBLASTING THE FRAME
 PRIMER - BROWN
 PAINTED - BLACK

 LOOKS LIKE NEW!
The Dualie Bed with bed liner and diamond plate sills and tool boxes.

This will make a super pick-up truck (work truck for Manzanita). 
Bye for now, Jim Streeter

1 comment: