Monday, July 10, 2017

Framing - Day One!



I don't think I have been so excited for something in all my life...  except maybe when Jim proposed the first time... or the 2nd time...  but, I digress...

With the framing wood package being delivered on Friday, the actual framing started today.  Jim took the day off work to "take some windows down" but, I have this idea that he was just as excited to see progress in the framing department, as I was.  (Maybe more so.)

So, when he got there, this was the first image he saw.  So where's the fall protection?  Jim didn't say anything.






Jim was so excited to see his steel columns holding up the big 1,200 lbs. glulam beam.

So, the main floor glulam beam is in place and the garage/apartment dividing wall is in place.  On to the next level, the main floor!  Jim went off to fetch another load of building materials from the Panguitch storage and while he was gone the main floor, floor joist started going in.  And everything fits just right!  Except Travis forgot the hole for the stairs that go down to the basement.  It's OK, that can be corrected.












This is as far as the framers got by the end of the day... I couldn't be happier..



..the amazing adventure continues.

Cheri and Jim







No comments:

Post a Comment