Thursday, January 24, 2019

...just waiting for Spring!!!

Well, the cabin got a whopping 3 feet of snow over the last couple of weeks, so we are unable to get to the cabin, let alone work in it.  This is the time of the year that I can't risk getting cold... I had atypical pneumonia a couple of years ago, and since that time, every time I get cold, it knocks me to my knees for a couple of weeks... so, I have been banned...But, the work does not stop...




Well, the first thing we did for the cabin this year, is to have the 2018 blog book published.  Alexander's Print, in Lindon, Utah, is the company who put these together.  I couldn't get the 2018 book put together for Christmas, because the year wasn't quite over... But, it's all done and a wrap now. The lady who put it together for me, Jammie, does an amazing job, and I love her work... I'm a fan!




We have projects all year long, but in our downtime, which is usually the winter when we are snowed out, we either buy things for the cabin, or we work on projects that will help when we get back up there.. This year, we decided to put packets of balusters together and seal them in plastic.  That way, when we are ready to put the bridge together, or the deck, the sets of 5 balusters are all complete and ready to go.  Each set has two straights, two knuckles and one "S" shape.  We had to find that purchase the sealing unit.. Thanks e-Bay!  Here's the sealing unit...




..and here's what the finished packets look like.




We found this light fixture a couple of weeks ago... I thought it would look fantastic above the table in the little downstairs apartment.  The little circular pieces are glass.. you know how I love stained glass!!  But, this is an incredibly unique and beautiful piece.




And, our piece de resistance...  This was an incredible find this past weekend.  This piece was used in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics.  It is a hand warmer - they were all over the streets of Salt Lake so people walking from event to event could warm their hands and not freeze their finger tips off.  It needs a little TLC... I am not sure if we are going to just leave her as is, or sandblast and refinish her, but she is a beauty for sure.  Jim would like to put her on the deck at the cabin, but I kind of think she would look beautiful in the jacuzzi area.  She is powered with propane, and, amazingly, still works.  We are absolutely stoked.  Thank you, Jim.. for indulging me on this one!!  She's interesting, and a beauty...and the potential is, as President Trump says, "HUGE..  really HUGE!"


..she might not look like much right now, but just wait.. she's about to blossom...

As with all our blog entries, the adventure continues, we are still stupid in love, and are excited for springtime...

Jim and Cheri

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing how you're preparing for the coming warm season.

    ReplyDelete