Monday, March 11, 2019

ALMOST READY TO GO....

My goodness, it seems like we haven't been at the cabin in years...I realize that we wouldn't be able to get there because of snow, but it seems like it's been snowing for years and years... and, because of that snowfall, we can't get up the hill...  so, we're waiting and collecting, and generally, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting...  I get really a bothered with the wait, about this time of the year... waiting to get to the cabin, waiting to go back to California, waiting for sunshine...  grrrr.

Ok, I've vented, now we can move forward.

Several weeks ago, I saw these lamps, and the shades at the top so perfectly matched the light fixture in the cabin's dining room, that I knew I just had to buy them.  I picked them up after work one afternoon and when I got home, I asked Jim to get them out of my van, and into the house... All I told him was, "I have some lamps that need to be brought in"...  He gave me the "We don't need any more freakin' lamps look"... I would have carried them in myself, but the are super heavy..  He goes to my van and when he got into the house, he said, "These are beautiful, but they aren't lamps... they are FLOOR lamps"..  So, our discussion was, are these lamps? I say they should be considered lamps... he says they are not lamps, they are FLOOR lamps...  Seriously?





Jim has been looking for a ceiling fan, and I mean a HUGE ceiling fan to go in the livingroom... He said that we needed something that would have big blades and would move a lot of air.  And, Brian at Habitat found one for us!  I love it, and it will definitely move air... Everyone who sees it says, "That's some big assed blades.."  and, they're right!  Giggle.




I was saying that this year, we had unusually high snowfall.. This little map shows the number of inches that the area has got this year...  As President Trump would say... HUGE... I just want the snow to go away!!




One of my goals is to build a kitchen downstairs in the cabin that is extremely kid friendly... I started by purchasing, of all things, a pop corn maker.  Jim had to try it out, and he says that it works perfectly... giggle...  I also bought a fruit ice cream maker, and I'm looking for candy and gum machines.  I also want to buy a soft serve ice cream machine.  I think the kids would love it and have a place of their own.  I've already got a foozball table and an air hockey game and tons of card games for them... I hope they like it..



One of the biggest purchases this past week was the cabinets for the downstairs kitchen.  They are made of Chocolate glazed birch, and they look absolutely beautiful.  We have caramel oak in the main upstairs kitchen, so, I think this will be an amazing looking change.  I believe the counters in this kitchen are black granite, so the contrast between the two will be magnificent.  I love it.


We spent time at our storage last night, rearranging everything so that these cabinets will fit in... My goodness we have a lot of STUFF!..  That's not quite what Jim called it, but, for the purposes of this blog, we'll keep it at.. stuff...  We are trying to clear out one of the four storage buildings that we have, right now... and, because of the snow, we can't get to the storage in Panguitch... so, all our rearranging is done at the two in south Provo, and the one in north Provo...  sigh...

And, last, but not least, this is the Valentine's gift I gave to Jim this year... it's a little amethyst heart to be cemented into the hearth... It's about 3" across and I think it will look really sweet amongst the creamy coloured stone.  It reminded me of the beautiful Ontario amethyst my parents gave me years ago.



So, let's pray for the snow to melt... sunshiny days to appear... and building to continue...  still lovin' my Jim and so glad he puts up with all my... stuff...

The adventure continues... Jim and Cheri

PS:  We got the cuckoo clock repaired and it is working just fine... and, yes, it "cuckoos"... it's taking me a little bit to get used to...  hmmmm...





4 comments:

  1. Those cabinets look great! I hope you're prepared for the mud season that is fast approaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... we are anticipating that mud... last year it was crazy...

      Delete
  2. Loving the lamps! Can’t wait to play in the downstairs kitchen!
    Sunshine. No more snow and next to no mud are my wishes for you.💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inquiring our realtor about the snow conditions around the cabin... we are anxious to go back and start working... this is what she wrote, "Virginia from my office tried driving up to 6F yesterday, ruts were a foot deep. She turned around 1 mile from 6F entrance she didn't want to get stuck in mud. Starting tonight thru Fri night 7-17 inches more snow in forecast"... ya, isn't going to happen for a while.

    ReplyDelete