Tuesday, March 26, 2019

...GETTING CABIN FEVER... like you wouldn't believe..

Well, we are truly sick to death of the winter, and the snow, and the cold, and we are looking forward to sunny days...  There is so much STUFF in storage, it's incredible.. The snow has got to go away so we can start taking stuff down to the cabin...

Anyways... we were out shopping on Saturday, and Jim came across this backsplash tile... He told James the salesguy not to let me see it, because, Jim knew, I would want it.. Well, I did stumble upon it, and I REALLY needed it...  Jim was convinced of the necessity and we bought it.  It is going to go as the backsplash in the downstairs kitchen, above the black granite countertops... I think it will look spectacular...  the contrast between the warm browns will be amazing next to that beautiful, black granite.


It has browns, and greys, and rust colours, with a slight sparkle...  I am thrilled.




I am continuing to purchase for the downstairs.. This week, I bought this motion activated candy dispenser.. I've never seen one before.. and Jim thinks that I should put it next to his recliner in our house in Provo... so, he can try it out...make sure it works correctly... before grandchildren are disappointed...  uhuh...  I'm sure it works perfectly...  but, Jim just wants to make sure...  giggle.



I also bought a yonanas machine... you freeze fruit and then run it through this machine, and it makes a sorbet kind of dessert...  I figure, for all our health conscious kind of friends, this might be nice.




And, last, but not least.. I had to buy a Jelly Belly dispenser.. I mean, seriously, what's a day without Jelly Bellies...?



That's about it for purchases and information this week...  gotta get down to the cabin before it drives us crazy...  Giggle.

Jim has bought rolls of PEX plastic piping.  Red and blue, different sizes!  I guess he can't keep track of which one is hot or cold if they're not colored.  Giggle.  He's also looking to buy a propane furnace and - oh how exciting, a septic tank... I never thought I would get excited about buying a septic tank, but trust me, this is truly exciting!!  His goal is to get the last of the four-way inspection done so we can start insulating and get some sheet rock up by the end of the summer.

The adventure continues... Jim and Cheri




3 comments: