Monday, September 9, 2019

CAN WE SAY.. PLUMBING?!!!!!

After a "vacation" in California (and I use that word "vacation" extremely loosely.).. we got back home on Friday, and bright and early Saturday morning, (6:30 am) Jim and our plumber were heading down to the cabin to attack the plumbing! (Actually, my kids call this the "butt crack of dawn"... and, I agree).  I am still not quite at the idea of spending the weekend at the cabin, when in fact, the majority of this weekend, I sat in my recliner and slept.

The first picture I received from Jim was where the loft bathtub was put into place.  I think it's wonderfully exciting and so beautiful...You can see so much of the valley from this window and putting the tub right by the window is perfect.  Hopefully a lot of the valley doesn't see me!  Curtains please.


You can see a little more of the marble look on the side of the tub in this shot below.. I love it.















And, you see that little metal circle thing on the floor.... that's for the toilet in the main floor bathroom..  There's black pipe connected to it!



These pipes are growing out the floor.  This one is for the kitchen sink on the main level.



Do you remember several years ago, we found a toilet from 1908?  Well, here it is again.  There is a polished brass pipe that goes from the toilet up to the tank, which is at the ceiling.  They were testing to make sure the brass pipe fittings all went together... and. they do!!!  This toilet is going to go up in the loft.


Jim put the chrome feet on the bathroom sink cabinet, and prepared it for the piping to come up from the basement. This is in the loft bathroom.



So, pretty.



We might be having to break the cement floor in the basement.... our plumber found that the black pipe under the concrete was put in incorrectly, and the way it is now, when my washing machine drains, it's going to overflow soap foam up through the laundry room and the bathroom floor drains... No Buenos...

It seems that in the Bryce Canyon area, every summer there are wild fires burning.  This is not Bryce Canyon, but a 70 miles north in Fillmore.  I haven't heard anything on the news that there is a fire, but, sure looks like there is...






And, last, but not least, several weeks ago, I was shopping and I saw this mug.  What interested me is that it's supposed to be all forestry with trees and animals and stuff... the only questions I have is:  exactly what kind of animal is this?  It has the head of some kind of cat, the body of a sheep or maybe a cow, and legs of a corgi...  I've asked several people, and we are all totally stumped...  Any suggestions?


So, if you can figure out what this "cat/cow/sheep/dog" is.. let us know.

Life is good, and the adventure continues.

Jim and  Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment