Sunday, October 27, 2019

..quickly losing our window of opportunity

As we're coming down to the end of the race trying to get as much as possible finished this year before snow, we are working hard, but still coming up a little short.  We had wanted to get the four way completed this year, but, I don't think it's going to happen... between business trips to Dubai, and Spain and England, and hospital stays, a lot of the time that we would have normally devoted to working during the summer months, was taken away...  But, we forge on.

This weekend, Jim went to the cabin by himself...... I'm still trying to recover and it's been a long haul..  Jim took another load of cabinets down - my goodness we have a lot of cabinets and storage space!!!



 

These are stored in the basement right now... and, actually, will be going in the kitchen in.. the basement...  giggle.


There are so many things to do before winter hits... and, getting the rest of the siding up before snow, is paramount.  Jim wants to get the siding above the stained glass completed, but also the siding on the loft balcony... it's getting colder and colder and more and more difficult to work...  It's supposed to get to 17 degrees tonight!!

And... if you look above the window, you can see that more of the siding was installed...






Jim is sealing up the cabin, and we found that our contractor didn't do such a hot job on some of the parts of the cabin... there are BIG gaps where the cabin is totally open to the elements and this will need to be fixed before winter hits.. But, in the meantime, Jim was filling in little openings with spray on foam...  It was supposed to be my job last week, but it got too cold and we had to leave..


And apparently, we had a little booboo with the foam...  When you have an opening and you don't know it, you spray foam inside the cabin and it squirts out to the outside.  Ok, let's make up a story here.. Jim was foaming in the light fixture, and a large bear came up on the deck and was about to attack.. and, as Jim turned around to go to war, in his startled state, some of the foam leaked out onto the exterior siding...  It was an amazing attempt and Jim wrestled the bear to the ground... The bear ran away in fear...  uhuh... that makes sense to me.. at least, this is something that Papa can tell the grand-kids....


..does this stuff wipe off?  Not very easily!

Here's more of the foaming job that was done...  Looks pretty legit to me...

This is where the roof meets the walls.










And on the way out, on the way home, this is what I call the welcoming committee... But, in this case, the farewell committee... it's either cows or deer.. Today, it was cows... I think maybe this is steers... I'm not sure, I can't see that close to make that judgement call... So, gentlemen, if you are actually ladies, or ladies, if you are actually gentlemen, I apologize...


..they're showing Jim the way to the main road...  and they are not in any hurry...  Giggle



Back in Provo, this is what I was dealing with... snow... I hate snow..  I was talking to Coy yesterday that we needed to leave Ogden a little early from Ben's birthday party, because the forecast said it was going to snow.. It didn't snow last night, but it sure did this morning.  I called Coy and told him to look out the window and I could hear him screaming... he was so excited.. he wanted to go outside and play is that disgusting mess... I guess, that's the beauty of youth... snow is the bane of my arthritis... I hope they took lots of pictures of Coy in the snow...


And, this is the temperature as Jim was coming off the mountain.. Nuff said.


My question with this picture is.. why did he turn off the passenger airbag...where I usually sit... Um, Jim...?  Do we need to talk?  Jim told me that it turns off automatically when there's no one sitting in the seat.  Should I believe him?

...another amazing adventure.

Cheri and Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment