Sunday, January 23, 2022

Ok.. The Waiting Is Driving Me Crazy.....

Seems like, as you can see from the picture, we are still snowed out of the cabin.... sigh... We were hoping that we would be able to get up to the cabin this weekend... I contacted our neighbour and asked if their cameras were working, and she sent me these pictures.... Um.. they're working, but no, not going to the cabin yet... (Thanks for the pictures, Kitty... you're a gem...)



I had this idea for a light fixture that I want made for the patio area.  I wanted to have a type of a "bar" outside, with a refrigerator and sodas/water or whatever close by.  But, I want a very specific set of lights overtop of it with the fixture offset..  When I was describing it to Jim, he kind of did that "deer in the headlights" stare at me.  It's the same look I gave him when he's describing some engineering project he's working on... he says that I sometimes "stare at the ceiling"...  I guess, it's not that I'm staring at the ceiling, is that I usually don't have a clue what he's talking about.  So, I describe this project to Jim, and even draw him a picture, and sent him a picture of exactly what I want, and we started gathering materials yesterday and working to figure the project out this morning.   He told me this morning that he's still not quite sure how to put it together since the parts are cast iron, but I told him he's a smart guy and I am sure he'll figure this one out...  He told me I was just trying to butter him up...  not really.. ok.. maybe just a little bit...

So, Saturday morning, bright and early 10:30ish, Jim and I made it over to Metal Mart in Lehi to check out the types of cast iron iron pieces they had premade and to see if there was something there we could use.. this would make it easier for Jim not to have to bend metal etc... just a time saver...  And, I found this piece for the main section - I think it will work perfectly.  Unfortunately, they are all out of stock and are supposed to call me on Monday to let me know when more will be in stock...  grrr... This piece is about 3' wide...


And, here's another piece that we can use.. and of course, they had only one in stock... gonna be calling me back on this piece also... This beauty is about a foot wide..


And, this is a third piece that I could have used - that they are out of stock on...  was kind of annoying..  I have a little bit of time to play with, so, we're playing the waiting game right now...this piece is about 6" wide...



And . . . another rooster for my collection.  I've got quite a few chickens/roosters now, and they are starting to migrate out of the kitchen and into other rooms...  The other rooms are filled with moose.... so, if you close your eyes and kind of squint, you can see how moose and chickens mesh...  uhuh... (I think I can convince myself of just about anything....)



And, I found the two flower boxes - way cute....  Don't know what I'll use them for but they're sure cute. I really liked the French tin on the sides... kinda reminds me of Paris...

Jim found some more flooring for the calico floor we've planned for the great room and kitchen. We have been collecting different colours of flooring for several years now.  I am really stuck on the calico pattern.  We have to be really careful to make sure that all the different colours and types of wood actually fit together.  I've had a sample kicking around the back of my car for several years now, so, we've still in good shape.. and, yes... all this is stacked on my livingroom floor...  along with 8 boxes of regular flooring, an adirondack side table for the deck, and a plethora of other stuff to take next time we take a trip to Alton...


And, we found some wooden floor registers for bathrooms and bedrooms.  The bigger one we'll use at the bay window.  Jim tells me we'll need three more of the bigger size for the great room... I have never seen wooden register covers before, so this was kind of a fun surprise...  


Jim bought this little sign... Not sure exactly where it's going to go beyond the idea of in the kitchen...  But, if Jim's cooking I'll kiss him and if I'm cooking, well . . . dinner is gonna be late!!  Giggle.


I was visiting with a friend (Donna Chung Kay) from Toronto this afternoon... And, she mentioned how cool it was that Jim and I were building this cabin, and how well we work together, and upon thinking over the conversation later, I have come to the conclusion that Jim and I work differently together... we approach situations from completely different angles... and he's got this crazy idea that his way is always right (when I know that I'm 100% right ALL the time....).. Well unless I have no idea what I'm doing.  But, I think we have figured out how to approach ideas in our own way, and make it work...  Jim calls me the project manager, and sometimes he just doesn't want to be managed - sometimes the "Help" is just being stubborn...... giggle...  Jim is very organized and analytical, and I'm a little more (a lot) abstract...  He always said that he wanted a partner that was spontaneous... but, as Jim says, didn't expect spontaneous combustion... Giggle...  I wanted a partner that was smart... but, what I got was a "smart a**"  . . .  It all works out..(He still makes me smile... we keep it interesting.)

We were at a restaurant for dinner last night, and I wear a watch that measures my heart rate... Jim asked me what my heart rate was right at that moment.  I looked at my watch, 70, and he then told me to just watch it... (an experiment).  I watched it for a couple of seconds, and then he said, "Cheri, I love you".... and, my heart rate not just skipped a beat, but automatically increased by 12 beats per minute...  So, in actuality, he not only makes my heart skip a beat, but does something amazing to my heart rate... I just hope it's not a heart attack... Giggle.... Yes, Jim... you still got it...

Until next time, the adventure continues...

Love, Jim and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment