Wednesday, February 22, 2023

February 2023... Spring can't come fast enough... sigh...



We got an update from the company our door camera is from... The system was shutting down for a couple of day as they update the system... and, this is what it looks like now!!! Colour pictures!!  I am totally excited...  It looks so beautiful... still too much snow, but it looks beautiful!

This picture is 5 days later... after the Valentine's Day snowstorm..




What is interesting about the door camera... we were in Home Depot and we saw a display with the same camera advertised that the new camera was an upgrade... that you can now get colour images... I asked Jim if we wanted to upgrade to the colour, and we agreed that we were good with what we had... and then, just a couple of days later, they do a system update, and we got instantly got colour pictures... hmmmm....



Every year, at the beginning of the season, we print off a list of things we want to accomplish during the spring/summer/fall..  This year, I asked that the list be made a little bit bigger because it was so small last year, we had trouble reading it... Wow.. did it get made BIGGER...  It printed out on three poster paper (bristol board for all you Canadians) 27" x 34" sheets!  Oh my... we can really see it now!!!  We don't have enough wall space at the cabin to put the three sheets up there, but it fit in the hallway in the Provo house... I am a smaller set made for the cabin...  Giggle...



I was in Lowe's Building Supply center a week ago.. I don't even remember why Jim and I went, but I saw this thermometer and I loved it. I am going to put it by the jacuzzi just so we are aware of the temp down there...  We were in the jacuzzi once last year... the water felt really nice and warm, until we adjusted to the temperature, and it was freezing.. and, getting out was terrible... the air was so freakin' cold - even a bathrobe didn't make it warmer!


Jim found me this rolling pin.  I have a collection of different types, styles and sizes of rolling pins in the kitchen, so I think this will fit in nicely.

I found this little basket a couple of weeks ago...  Not sure what I am going to do with it....(Jim and I go through this all the time... I want to buy something, and he starts with.. "What are you going to do with it?  And, I always answer... "I dunno... I'll find a place"...)  So, that's how this one is ending up.. I'll find a place and let you know!




While at Lowe's, I found these two frogs... Actually, on the first night we were there, I bought one "spitting frog" and, after I thought about it, I went back the next morning, and bought the 2nd one.  I am going to put one of the frogs, in the rockwork in the grotto... I thought that would be cute.. and, the 2nd one is going to live by the jacuzzi...  Or, maybe, both spitting frogs will go in the grotto...  And, yes, they are "spitting frogs"...  They have a little nozzle on the back end that you attach to a water source, and they spray water.. I think they are darling..  At least, with this purchase, I have a rough idea where at least one of them are going...  I put the dollar bill beside them to give you an idea as to size...  These are not baby frogs... these are mama and daddy frogs!


I have been looking for a couple of quilt ladders for quite a while, and just couldn't find what I was looking for...  I came across an old ladder that is going to be perfect!  Right now, it doesn't look amazing, but Jim is going to split it in two, and we'll sand it and then varathane  - gonna looks amazing! I originally wasn't going to buy it, but Jim pulled a sneaky and bought it for me!  I love it.



And, we found a solid oak door for the downstairs bathroom this past week.... I loved the grain in this door and think it's going to be amazing downstairs...  I am a BIG fan of oak cupboards and floors and doors... Jim likes knotty pine, but it seems too busy for my taste... Oak is calming and beautiful... (The dark spot to the bottom right of the picture is just a shadow from my phone... this door is now stored in the hallway of the house in Provo... We're running out of space in the livingroom....)


Well, that's about all I got for this week...  With all the damn snow in Provo and in Alton, I'm losing hope for the possibility of spring any time soon!!!

The adventure continues.... in the snow...


Love, Jim and Cheri

 




No comments:

Post a Comment