Sunday, October 1, 2017

..Still Movin' Forward - One Step at a Time!

This week ended with projects that were started some time ago and now completed.

The first one to get done with my glass project.  I got the actual leading of the glass done last week, but, it still needed to be soldered and the remaining part of the frame built.

With Jim's help, it got done, and the frame built and tomorrow morning at 7:30 am, it will be taken to the glass shop for thermal insulating and the vinyl window flanges put on...

Jim made me a little carrying case for it, and I'm thrilled. We got it scrubbed down on Friday night, and hopefully, all the writing and numbers and marker has been washed away...I am totally pleased with how it turned out.

I also pulled out the pattern for the 2nd piece of glass to be made, and picked out the colour scheme.  That's usually the hardest part for me - trying to pick out colours that will blend with the 1st piece.  But, I think I got it right.  On a side note:  I did something this time that I have never done before.  When we filled the glass piece over, and pulled the paper out so we could solder the bottom side, I set the soldering iron to the top of the piece... and put the paper on top of it...  kinda started a fire...  In all the years I've been doing glass, I've never started a fire... got it put into the sink really quickly with no damage done.. was a little exciting for a minute there...  I think I'll be a little more careful next time.

Here's the raw pattern for the 2nd piece.


We were at the cabin all day, and when I came home, I looked at the colours of glass, and I like it.  Tomorrow evening, I'll starting cutting and piecing it together.

We drove down to the cabin early this morning with a load of "stuff" from storage.  Slowly, but surely, we are getting storage buildings emptied out, and taken to their new home.  I didn't sleep particularly well last night, and my dear husband, just let me sleep in the truck for the 3.5 hour drive.. I think I've got too much on my mind, and my sleep pattern is suffering for it..

The cabin looks lovely as always.  Jim and I got the 2nd window in the garage installed today - well, I held the window in place, while Jim got it secured in place with screws.


We took the top windows for the prow as well as several pieces of glass that we picked up for the loft bathroom.  Hopefully, they'll be installed this week.  The top windows for the prow are 29 feet in the air, and no, we don't have a ladder that tall.. Even if we did, I don't think Jim would venture that task, and I know for sure I wouldn't.

We were going to install the 3'0" X 3'0" kitchen window  in the upstairs kitchen, but somehow, it went missing.  I mean, really... where does a window disappear to.  We looked in the conex and in the storage, and it's just... gone...  so, we'll have to get a new one this week.

Jim also got the door handles on the french doors in the living room..
Thank goodness he knows how to do this stuff - I sure don't.

The fall colours are starting to appear on our mountain... and, it looks beautiful.  When we  were coming home this afternoon, we just had to stop and admire.

Our adventure continues - we are blessed.

Jim and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment