Saturday, July 21, 2012

Squished Grasshoppers.....

Jim told me that if I didn't write about our outing today, he would... and he had this evil laugh...

So, we drive back up to North Ogden to pick up the logs for the cabin.  The logs are in the middle of this field - it's scorching hot out, so we just want to pick out the logs we want and get back in the air conditioned car.  I knew that we were going to be in the middle of an open field, so I wore jeans and a t-shirt and my pink crocs (ok, Eldon, I wasn't wearing sweatpants, so the crocs was a great idea - for those of you who don't understand this comment - my brother Eldon told me that if you wear crocs and sweatpants, you've given up...I really love my crocs...)... We're in the middle of this field, picking out logs and walking through this tall grass..  There are grasshoppers jumping all over the place.  I am so grossed out - I hate bugs.  When I get back in the car, I realize there is muck all over the outside of my left shoe, and my toes are squishy and wet.... sick...  A grasshopper got in my shoe, and I smashed it between my toes - no socks on....... I was so grossed out .... almost vomiting...

Jim is highly amused... me, not so much...

Cheri

1 comment:

  1. In building a cabin, one must "tough it up" and take one for the team occasionally. This is certainly not the last time something unpleasant is going to have to be overcome. It's a construction project not Facebook! by Jim. . . . The adventure continues.

    ReplyDelete