Saturday, September 15, 2012

ARCHITECT

We met with the architect again today....  Jim is a little intense, I am a little "I want it to look pretty", and the poor architect has to make us both happy and keep us within code.  He's really a cool guy - we're supposed to get the first set of plans in about 7 - 10 days, then we go in, tell him what we like and what we don't like, and we go for another round of drawing.

No, I'm not getting my breakfast nook... but, I settled for a bay window and window seat in the great room, and an herb garden window in the kitchen.  Just didn't look like there was any really smart place to put the breakfast nook - was really good in theory, but not in construction.

I did get my loft upstairs and bathroom.... has to be a bathroom in the loft... this chick is NOT hiking down the stairs to the main floor in the middle of the night... not a chance.

Most of the conversation went like this:

Jim - We'd like blah blah blah blah blah blah

Dave the Architect - That's great, but you have to take into account, wah wah wah dormers wah wah wah..

Jim - I think so, but won't that affect the blah blah blah blah pitch blah blah centers blah blah

Cheri - (Thinking to herself) - I wonder if I can plant lavender around this place... sure would look pretty...and would smell heavenly..... uhuh... gonna check this out when I get home....

Dave the Architect said that we were going to have a blast putting this together over the next couple of years...  I heard that, and I actually understand it and I like it....... sigh...

The adventure continues.

Cheri




2 comments: