Thursday, February 1, 2018

REAL SNOWMOBILES ARE YELLOW...!


Years ago, (and I mean, a lot of years ago) when I was probably about 12 or 13 years old, my brother, Barron bought a snowmobile... a skidoo to be exact.  And, he loved that machine...really babied it, and my brother, Bart and I, had a blast on it.... Barron built it, it's own little house, and that machine was his pride and joy...  I don't know what ever happened to it, but, while it was alive and well, we loved it.

Since that time, it has been my understanding, that if you were going to buy a snowmobile, there was only one kind to buy... a  Bombardier Skidoo, in that beautiful yellow with black stripes... It signifies my youth, and my nationality, and 1000 different things all rolled into one.

So, when we decided to buy snowmobiles, Jim understood that there was only one kind to buy, and that was... Skidoos...


Well, Wednesday night, that purchase was made.. and they are beautiful yellow...  real snowmobiles... Bombardier, Skidoo, Summit 700's to be exact.

Well, on Saturday afternoon, we drove down to the cabin to drop off the Skidoos... relatively uneventful.. We stopped in Scipio to get some drinks and snacks and there was a couple from Calgary in the store... saw that beautiful yellow colour and knew exactly what we were hauling!


Earlier in the week, I found a set of feet for the clawfoot bathtub that is going into the loft... They were polished and plated chrome, and I thought they would look amazing.  They were from a tub from the turn of the century.. had been in someone's grandma's house for years and years and years, and, got rid of the tub, but didn't want to throw out the feet...So, I bought them and we drove to Payson, Utah to pick them up.. I think they look amazing.  
Jim agreed..  But, there is a small problem.. We already had bought a set of feet that were in really rough condition... and, Jim cleaned them up and powder coated them white..  We put them beside the silver ones, and now I can't decide which ones I like better... So, blogger friends, we are leaving it up to you... Which do you like better... the silver, or the white?  Let us know!  The white ones are a little bigger.

A couple of years ago, we were in California visiting friends, and my friend Debbie, had the cutest little fairy garden in her backyard.  She and her husband, Steve, also had the most amazing waterfall, and it was at that time that I told Jim that I really, really wanted both at our cabin...  At Christmas time, I received the most amazing gift... the first fairy house!   The dollar is there to give you a size perspective.
It's made from the same siding and roofing materials from our cabin, and I instantly fell in love with it... Such a touching and thoughtful gift...(Jim of course...such a sweet man...).  So, I decided that we would build a fairy house community, so the little granddaughters could have a blast visiting the fairy village, when they come see us...  So, today, the 2nd fairy house got started.




Here's the framework... the little squares that are drawn on are where glass windows were placed... I haven't purchased the door yet - hopefully this week, and we'll get it finished...

I used sea shells that were given to me about 35 years ago, as a wedding present from Peter and Donna...  Yep, I've had them for that long, and I felt it was time to re-purpose them into something amazing..So, Jim built the frame for the little house, and I glued on all the shells...burning my thumbs, and hammering my nails in the process...  But, I think the little girls are going to get a kick out of these houses.. they look amazing...  Thanks to Jim for indulging my wishes....

While I was hot glueing my fingers and nails together, Jim was continuing to build the frame for the hearth...    He built a light box to house an LED light that will shine through the thin cut quartz rock on the hearth.


When Jim got another part of the hearth project completed, he went on to the next part of his weekend project, and that was continuing to put the siding on..He is figuring out how to put the frames around the windows and doors, and I think it looks amazing.

Several weeks ago, when we were at the cabin, we installed the security lights... we couldn't get pictures because it was too dark, but as we were leaving today, the motion detectors kicked on, and we knew, at that time, we had done it right!!

On Saturday night, we took in another show at the Gem Theater in Panguitch... we saw Hugh Jackman in "The Greatest Showman".... great show.. was a lovely, relaxing evening....I was impressed by several quotes in the movie, I'm not sure if they're P.T. Barnum quotes, or just Hollywood, but the first is:
"The noblest art is that of making others happy"
and the 2nd talked about the amazing adventure that Barnum and his wife were on... and, it had me thinking about the life that Jim and I have...  he's taken me on this amazing journey and adventure in building this cabin, and in the process has made us both happy... I couldn't ask for a more amazing husband, or adventure..  

The adventure continues.

Jim and Cheri 


1 comment: