Sunday, April 5, 2020

2nd Verse.. same as the first!

My brother Duane informed me this morning that our cabin blog follows the same format all the time... and it goes as follows:

1.  This is the cool stuff we bought for the cabin
2.  We are having a blast!

So, that pretty well sums it up... we are buying stuff and we are having a blast...  BUT,
I'm going to try and mix it up a little bit, if I can..  Giggle..

Up first, this is Glenn Stucki - a local artist... I first met Glenn through his art work - the company I work for prints copies of Glenn's art and he sells them through his little company, "Change 4 Love".  I had seen Glenn's work, but, never met Glenn..  Then, Brianne and Coy were in Walmart in American Fork, and Coy started talking to this complete stranger and they shared something unique - Coy and Glenn both have a feeding-tube in their tummies...  This made them "Partners in Crime!"  They get along really well with each other.  Glenn painted Coy a picture of "Super Cat" which to this day, is Coy's absolute favourite!  At Christmas time, I met Glenn and it was such a pleasure.  Glenn contacted me about a month ago, and asked me what I liked, and I told him I was Canadian and I like Mounties and moose!  He called me earlier this week and told me that he had painted me a picture - Jim and I picked it up on Friday night!  It is absolutely amazing and will look fabulous in the cabin.  But, before it makes it to the cabin, I'm going to hang it in my office at work - just to show off a little bit... I have a Glenn Stucki original!  Thank  you Glenn - you do fantastic work!


Jim made a one day trip to the cabin this Sunday -  he had to pick up the trailer that we usually tote the backhoe around on.. We have this huge retaining wall block that we need to get from Salt Lake to the cabin and the little trailer that we usually tote with us, is just too light weight.  Actually, we know the trailer will haul the block, but not sure if our four wheel drive will.  We have about 100 block that need to transport down - don't know if the truck is going to do the trick, or if we have to hire a big 18 wheeler to haul them.  According to Jim we can haul about 5 at a time.  We'll find out soon enough if we can save the cost of the 18 wheeler.

We were hoping that the roads would be clear enough to get up to the cabin, and this is what it looked like when Jim got there.  We are at the top of the hill on the right (with the green roof)...  Jim couldn't get up this side of the hill, so he went around to the other side... It was much better, no snow on the road and drying, so he was able to get the trailer out.



One of the other reasons for the trip on Sunday was to take the furnace.. We had tried before, and it was waaaay too snowy... Jim, at least, got up to the property, and dropped off the furnace.

Just to let you know... we bought fun stuff for the cabin this week, and we're still having too much fun...

The adventure continues..  Love, Jim and Cheri




No comments:

Post a Comment